DELIVERIES & STORAGE
FREE DELIVERY WITH ORDERS OVER £80.00
Delivery service throughout Merseyside and the Wirral, available 6 days a week.
PLACE ORDERS THE DAY BEFORE- FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY
All Deliveries before Midday, Wirral areas will be after 12pm.
We always want to make sure that you get the best from your meat, whether freezing or storing within the fridge. Follow our handy tips guide to be certain you’re storing your meat correctly and safely before it’s cooked.
All of your meat should be delivered with individual use-by dates on the packaging, but no matter what cut be sure to always follow these base tips:
- Unless vacuum-packed, when you get your meat home take it out of the bag and wrapping. If left inside the meat will sweat, meaning that bacteria growth is much easier.
- Place the meat on a plate, uncovered, at the bottom of the fridge. If your products are vacuum-packed then leave them within the packaging in the same place. Not only does this help the air ventilate around the raw meat, but you’ll find that the bottom of the fridge is the coldest place. If you’re running out of space, a Tupperware container with the lid on is the next best thing.
- Keep meat, particularly chicken, away from any other food. It’s best to give yourself a whole shelf in the fridge just to store raw meat.
- Don’t overfill your fridge, as this can lead to inconsistent temperatures.
- If you’re going to freeze the meat, do it on the day of purchase. If your cuts are vacuum packed, do not open them – this is an ideal condition for freezing. If the meat is in butcher’s paper, remove all packaging, pat the meat dry and place each cut separately within a bag with as little air as possible. Use within 3 months
- To defrost, remove the meat from the freezer 24 hours before use, and take out, placing in the coldest part of your kitchen 1-2 hours before use.
As we vacuum pack most of our products, you will have up to 7 days from the packing date within which to use the meat. All vacuum packed products are issued with a use-by.